In our open studio, complementary talents and a shared commitment to excellence encourage collaboration and new ideas. Over the years, many team members have contributed to the success of the practice and the consistent quality of its work.
Jack Leonard, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, has over 35 years of professional experience providing high quality, successful projects. He has an appreciation for a hands-on approach to architecture and is actively engaged at each stage of the design effort. He was a member of the KQ team for ten years before opening his own studio, and became a KQ partner when the two studios merged in 2019.
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Arizona
Crystal Luong, AIA Associate, manages healthcare and tenant improvement projects by creating uplifting environments that support doctors and staff in a wide spectrum of medical services and other diverse fields. She has been a KQ team member since 2006 and became a partner in 2016.
- Master of Environmental Planning, Arizona State University
Terri Hanshew has been a KQ team member since 1992, and became a partner in 2016. She has handled all aspects of the business during her decades at the company. She has extensive experience in business management and was the co-owner of an interior design firm before joining KQ Architects.
HUGH KNOELL, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Founding Principal Hugh Knoell, Architect, LEED AP, NCARB, led the KQ’s commitment to contemporary design, rooted in the culture, climate and landscape of the southwest.
- B. Arts. Notre Dame; Certificate of Urban Design, Universidad Católica de Chile; B. Arch, Arizona State University.
- Recipient of the AIA Arizona Architects Medal.
- Named “Master of the Southwest” in 2003 by Phoenix Home and Garden.
- Served on and chaired local and national AIA committees relating to design and the environment.
- Led the KQ team to more than 60 professional awards.
PHILLIP QUIDORT, AIA, NCARB
Founding Principal Phillip Quidort, AIA, NCARB who retired in 2017, brought the firm to prominence in the architecture of healthcare facilities.
- B. Arch, Lawrence Technological University, 1970.
- Since 1982, has represented AIA on the Building Safety Advisory Board at the City of Phoenix, heading numerous committees, including UBC Adoption, Building Accessibility, Facilities Permits, Hazardous Materials, and NFPA Safety Code.
- Among first architects registered in the City of Phoenix Self-Certification Program.
SANDRA EVANS SEWARD, ASID
Principal Sandra Evans Seward, ASID who retired in 2012, instilled our practice with the spirit of teamwork, and enriched our architecture with personalized interior spaces for our clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Design, ASU, 1994.
- ASU College of Architecture and Environmental Design: taught classes in drawing and rendering; served on National Council for Interior Design Qualification; served on Search Committee for ACAED Director of Design; Alumni Service Award, 1999.
- ASID Designer of Distinction, 2007; ASID Board Member; chair of Program Committee and Ethics Committee.
- Juror for the National Council of Interior Design Qualification.
- Guest Lecturer and Professional Advisor at Arizona State University.
- Member of ARCS, Women in Philanthropy and the Wellness Community.